2021 Season will start on May 3, 2021
|Sign Up Now||Waiver|
- The kickoff party will be held at TJ Hooligans on April 26, 2021 at 6:30 pm.
- To minimize in-person contact we would prefer if you sign up for memberships online. You may sign the waiver and pay with a credit card via PayPal all online. Even if you were a member last year, we need you to complete the waiver with all of your information. Please register in advance of of showing up for a ride, it is very important for insurance purposes.
- Speaking of insurance, you do NOT need to sign the waiver at every ride anymore. Instead, you will need to check-in with me or someone else on the Board (Carl, Bruce, Kathi and Cal). This is mandatory so we can keep track of who was on the ride for insurance purposes.
- We will NOT be posting a route on the calendar for every group every night, but leaders should feel free to utilize the calendar if they know they will be leading a group that evening.
- We plan to have designated meeting spots for each group (see map below), so there is not a large crowd gathered in front of Michael's Cycles.
Bicycling enthusiasts are invited to join the Great Scott Cycling Club. The club rides
Monday and Thursday evenings from May 3, 2021 through late September.
The group leaves at 6:15 PM (6:00 PM starting in late August) from Michael's Cycles in Prior Lake (behind to TJ Hooligans). Get Map.
Great Scott Cycling requires dues. Dues are $20 for a single membership, $35 for household. Dues cover insurance during official club rides, member discounts at Michael's Cycles, and specials at TJ Hooligan's. The first ride to tryout riding with the club is free. Membership dues cover the current summer riding season. If a member joins the club in July, membership is valid for the rest of the riding season, not until the following July. Waiver form
Club Jerseys are being planned. Please stop in to Michael's Cycles and try on the jerseys for the proper fit. The jerseys cost $## and we need 12 to place our custom order. We have the actual design at Michael's Cycles if you would like to check it out. The deadline for orders is May 23.
The club is for all levels of riders. All groups except the A group have a "no-drop" policy. The chart below displays average speeds for the entire ride. There are times on flats when the groups go faster.
|Team||Distance||Average Speed||Primary Leader||Description|
|A-Team||30-50 miles||20+ mph avg||Kyle||Paceline, No stops|
|A/B-Team||25-40 miles||18-20 mph avg||Dave B||Paceline, Rare stops, |
|B-Team||20-35 miles||16-18 mph avg||Bruce||Paceline, Some stops, |
|Free-Team||15-30 miles||15-16 mph avg||Jenn||No Paceline, Some stops, |
|C-Team||15-25 miles||13-14 mph avg||TBD||Paceline, Some stops, |
|Recreational||12-20 miles||12 mph or less avg||Jerry||Beginners Ride|
Stop & Smell the Roses
Helmets are required; road bikes are highly recommended.
This is a social club for riding and gathering afterward for friendship, food, drink and conversation.